Monday, March 14, 2011

The Sanborn's Wedding


















Yes, it was a beautiful and fun wedding, but let's talk about the location! I do love our Historic Greek-Revival style home and it's simplicity (and history), but after staying the weekend at the Club Continental on the St. John's River, I realized that my dream home is, and always has been, a 1920's Mediterranean style. I love everything about it: the terraces, fountains, arches, windows, flowering hibiscus trees, and red-tiled roof. The Club Continental has a fascinating history. It was build by the son of the founder of the Palmolive Soap Company in the 1920's as a winter retirement home and is now a Dining and Tennis Club and six bedroom bed and breakfast. Our room over-looked the ceremony site, so as I was getting ready for the wedding it reminded me of my own wedding!
After the reception we went to an after party at a Pub on the property that was a pre-Civil War Cottage. In the 1890's it was a Men's Golf Club House. Bet you didn't know this, Brent...learned it while you were in the bathroom!
What a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see ya'll last weekend! The pictures you took turned out great--I might steal a few :) Make sure to call us next time you head our way! xoxo Ashly

    ReplyDelete