Thursday, November 8, 2012

Quoting Dave

With an increase in taxes heading our way and a fiscal cliff causing uncertainty in our county, Brent has temporarily tightened my budget again.  I'm pretty used to this and to be honest, I would much rather follow his orders than deal with our finances.  I think the feelings are mutual ;)

Earlier this morning I had fun remembering when we would roll down the windows in the car and yell, "We're debt freeee!!"  There certainly was a sense of freedom in being debt free!  And if you are familiar with hearing "we're debt free", then you are probably familiar with Dave Ramsey.  I'm going to  leave this post with a few of his quotes that I absolutely love...

"If you will live like no one else, later on you can live like no one else!"

"Act your wage!"

"For your own good, for the good of your family and your future, grow a backbone.   When something is wrong, stand up and say it is wrong, and don't back down."

“We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.” 

"There's a great place to go when you're broke: to work"

"Your budget must balance! You are not Congress!"

"An emergency fund can turn a crisis into an inconvenience."

"I have done mathematical research, and I have found that 100% of foreclosures take place on house with mortgages.  So here's a plan: Pay off your stinkin' house!"

"Pray like it all depends on God, but work like it all depends on you."

And his ever so popular...

"Debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice!"

Since I am on a quote kick, I will leave you with this one from Thomas Jefferson:

No comments:

Post a Comment