Saturday, April 7, 2012

Aga + Pinterest

Two things have sparked a cooking bug in Brent and myself lately:
1. Our new house came with an Aga oven/stove which is constantly heated and ready to go.  It makes you feel a little guilty to dine out!
The aga radiates heat, which is nice for this cool front we're experiencing, but I think it will be a love-hate relationship during the summer months (half of the year in South Georgia!).
2. My yummm board on Pinterest where I have been collection a file of mouth-watering images and recipes.  Some definitely turn out better than others, but you don't know until you try it!
Here are a meals worth trying with a link to the recipe...
This recipe came from Real Simple and was extremely simple!  It is very light (but filling) and a perfect summer meal.  I'm pretty sure we used Applegate sweet Italian sausage (nitrate and nitrite free).
This was delish, but as you can tell by the looks of it, you might want to make this on a day when you've pumped out a few calories.  It calls for a good bit of cheese and 1 quart (yikes) of heavy cream. I mean, it's mac & and cheese... what do you expect?!  To save on prep time, we used a store bought rotisserie chicken.
I love me some lemon on my chicken so this recipe was right up my alley.  You marinate the chicken in a Greek yogurt mixture for at least an hour, then roll it in a bread crumb mixture.  It was extremely easy and the chicken was nice and tender with the perfect flavor.  Somewhat reminded me of the Greek Chicken at the Plaza here in Thomasville.  Our only problem was the breaded part stuck to the skillet and we had to scrape it off.  We will definitely be making this again, but might try a nonstick skillet next time.

The feta and parmesan in this quiche made it delicious.  Since Brent doesn't like mushrooms, we left them out and I added tomato slices on top.  We also used more egg whites (it only calls for 4 eggs... not enough).  If we were to make this again, I would use fresh spinach instead of frozen, and a lot less of it.  It was wayyy too much for Brent.  It would also be good with Broccoli.  We made this for our "Meatless Monday".
I was so excited when Brent brought home the ingredients for these little cookie pies!  How had I never thought of doing this before?  I think you could make these with any cookie dough, and would suggest it because it wasn't my favorite.  Partially because it used milk chocolate chips and I prefer semi sweet only.  The recipe was still decent, just not my favorite, and I don't know why it wouldn't work with a different cookie dough.  These would be fun for a dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment